Thursday, February 25, 2010

The Nursery & Yesterday

So yesterday, I had this awesome day. For most non-pregnant people, it will probably sound like a normal day... but to me, it was a break-through! You see - everyday, I've been getting these headaches around 2 or 3pm due to built up sinus pressure (due to the hormone induced congestion). But yesterday, after praying about it monday and tuesday - I DIDN'T HAVE ONE!!! I felt like my old self again.

Not only was I able to go to choir, but also I went to the local mall to pick up SU shirts for the whole family (Yes - I bought one for blueberry, I couldn't resist!), after perusing the mall, I figured out that I have become a 'purpose' shopper lately. Like a guy! I went into a few stores & just didn't see anything. Maybe it has to do with the fact that I don't fit into most of it!!

After figuring out that I could waste no more time in the mall (I still had 30 minutes to kill before choir), I headed towards church to figure out my next move. Then - I spotted JoAnn's fabrics! I've been looking for the right shade of green for the nursery curtains. there it was - $2/yd more expensive than the broadcloth that I wanted to find the right color in, but it was perfect - the right amount of saturation and yellow-balance.

I have this really cute idea for the curtains. I'll see if I can draw up a diagram of the plans later, but basically, the base is green (medium-light green with a slight yellow tint). I got this neat 'natural' colored cotton lining. Then - I'm going to sew on all these different color ribbons criss-crossing around. it'll have thick cream colored ribbon tabs to hang with. I love making fun and creative curtains! Now I just need to decide whether I'll stitch the ribbons on with one or two lines.

Other than the curtains, we've got the crib (on sale, very exciting). I've picked out the dresser/changing table (dual purpose - this room is tiny!!!), and I found a cute giraffe wall decal. also - I'm fairly certain that I know which mattress we'll buy (didn't know it would be so complicated to find one of those!!!). Jon is going to paint the nursery when I'm down in NYC/NJ for a LOOOONG weekend (does friday - wednesday even count as a weekend anymore?).

1 comment:

  1. I love when you post!!! I want to go home and get my sewing machine...I need to start sewing again! I want to make my own curtains too. Can't wait to see pics of the curtains when you make them! =)

    ReplyDelete