Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Adventures in Pre-Mommyhood

Excitement is mounting – we have our monthly OB visit on Friday! I’m really hoping that we can hear the heartbeat this time. last visit, the doc tried but couldn’t hear anything. L boo! AND – I’m really hoping that we set up the BIG ultrasound! Where we get to see blueberry look more like a baby & find out what he/she is!!! very exciting.

Also – this week, Jon has off, so he is cleaning out the nursery (well, he’s in the process of cleaning it out at least). We’ve picked out paint (light yellow all over with a bold clover green stripe around the room), also, Fouz & I have worked on the layout (using an online tool). So we should be all set. We have to wait until we can get a contractor in to fix a few issues first though. Of course, we have to wait until the roof is clear of snow which could be months! Let’s hope we have a nice mild march (I’ll just keep dreaming). Plus, we have the crib! I found it for $100 off of what our local store was selling it for, it was on a sale, so I snapped it up with free shipping! Gotta love the internet. Here’s a link to the crib we bought: http://www.babyage.com/products/1060-oc_sorelle_sorelle_tuscany_elite_4-n-1_crib.htm?cp=goog82898&utm_source=goog&utm_medium=Default&utm_campaign=82898

Some interesting symptoms I’ve been experiencing: vivid and EXTRA weird dreams. Even weird for me (which surpasses normal weird I think…) like neighbors giving stray cats tracheotomies, resorts with shark/dolphin lagoons & tourists go on excursions to shoot tranquilizer darts at warring locals, let’s see – what else… oh, there was the one about a cave in argentina that was somehow special, but all three ways into the cave there were deathly obstacles (like churning blades, octopus-like monsters, etc), Kittenpants came with me on that one… last night I dreamt that Jon cheated on me with this girl I hold in low esteem. Yeah – so like I said, weird… I don’t normally remember 100% of my dreams. Maybe like 15% if I’m lucky, lately it’s been closer to 97%... will they get weirder?

Other than that, my back aches, sometimes my head (for no reason & for digestion reasons, depends on the day), and – surprise, I’m hungry ALL THE TIME! Mostly for cheese. But – oddly for me – not for sweets. The sweetest thing I crave is fruit (which I eat like all day long). Jon forced me to go to Applebees because we had a coupon (did you know that people from NJ pronounce it ‘Koo-Pawn’? must be the nuclear waste…) and he was lured into dessert because they had a big cookie with ice-cream. It was disgusting! Everything was way too sweet. As if they used 3 different kinds of sugar, then mixed in excessive amounts of artificial sweetener, and then coated it with sugar. Gross. Of course, Jon LOVED IT. He’s mourning the loss of his sweet-tooth buddy. Normally I’m up for cold-stone, or I’ll make cookies every once in a while, but since these gross me out… oh well! I guess this will be a watermelon-y type summer! Does this mean that my kid isn’t going to like sweets? Not sure where that came from!!! (not me and definitely not Jon).

I’ve been checking into the local boards on thebump.com & just met up with a group of the Syracuse moms last night for dinner at the coppertop. This was my first foray into meeting strangers from the internet. But it was awesome! Three of them had babies & one, like me was expecting. What a blessing to be able to meet new friends! So far, I’ve only been to the coppertop twice, and both times it was with pregnant women or recent moms! It’s like the pregnant place. Good food too! I get to eat the rest of my salad for lunch :)

1 comment:

  1. I liked this post! So I think that when you're pregnant your senses are multiplied. That could be why that dessert was too sweet.

    ReplyDelete