Monday, June 7, 2010

LI Shower

It's been so long since I've posted!!!

So Jon & I traveled down to Long Island this past weekend to visit with family & they threw a baby shower for me! Blueberry got lots of cute cloths (yay for Bloomingdales connections!), his high chair, lots of awesome stuff from Meli (toys, bug/sunscreen for carseat, snuzzler, yankees cloths!!!, and little mittens:)). My cousin Matt and his wife Lisa threw the shower at their place - which they had just recently renovated (well, the kitchen, upstairs bathroom, all the floors, paint, etc).

It was really nice to spend some time with family & get all the updates. Everyone is really excited for Aunt Fran's 50th anniversary as a Nun! it's coming up in September & we are really hoping to make it (it'd be Blueberry's first big venture). Also - we got to meet the newest addition - Makayla. She's about 4 months old now, she was such a little doll!

Best of all, I got to see Melissa - which was a bonus because I didn't know until recently that we were going to go down there & have the perfect excuse for her to come!

On Sunday before we left, my mom and Aunt ran in the same 5k race we did last year - the AIDS/cancer run in seaford park. For such a hot & humid day, they did well!

On the way back, Jon swore up and down that we wouldn't be going back to LI for sometime (he's not quite used to the pace & climate of traffic there) & the temperature dropped about 40 degrees!!! when we got out of the car at the farm to pick up Kayla, it was around 50 degrees and drizzling! I thought it was quite nice... :)

When we opened the door, my neice Caitlin brought over a big bag of cloths for blueberry and proclaimed "BABY!" I can tell she's going to enjoy being a big cousin!

Then we headed home & I collapsed onto my amazing bed and slept... I think Kayla was appriciative since she was exhausted after running around after the twins!

1 comment:

  1. Aww!!! It was awesome seeing you guys. I really plan on coming in the fall to see the baby. Can't wait to meet Jamal.

    ReplyDelete