Friday, April 30, 2010

360 degrees around the Nursery

I just realized that this tour is backwards somewhat. First, here is the door you exit from out of the nursery... notice the crib in the lower left-hand corner! This is the closet (so far) I've got big plans for organization & the hanging 'drawers' and extra rods are a start to that. I've got big bins and extra shelving yet to install up top. the lamp might have to go. I haven't totally made up my mind yet on that call. notice the corner of the dresser/changing table in the lower right-hand corner. if you zoom in, there are little onsies hanging in the closet!!!!!!!!!!

I tried to get a good shot of the new ceiling fan, window and changing table, but alas - this is what came out. Since I insisted on a dimmer switch for the main light in the room, Jon and my dad installed this remote control that controls the light with a dimmer and on/of AND it controls the fan speed! I guess this was our only option becuase the light was installed with the fan. oh well :). as you can see, around the window is the chocolate sprinkle colored trim (did I mention that the walls are "lemon pound cake"?). I have yet to finish the curtains and install them. lastly, in the lower left-hand corner is the changing table/dresser (with a diaper bag on top). you can't tell from this picture, but it's really nice & matches the crib (they come in a set).

And finally! the crib... we left the plastic on the mattress so as to deter the kitties from thinking that it's their new bed (however, I have caught Kittenpants walking along the ledges!). It's a little sleigh crib! very sturdy (I guess the manufacturing was fairly jon/liz proof).

Next steps: curtains, possibly installing a light green border (depending on how it looks), hanging things on the walls, installing a decorative shelf somewhere, and getting a comfy glider chair to fit in there somewhere...

1 comment:

  1. OMG Liz it LOOKS GREAT!!! Jon did a great job painting, it looks professional, and I LOVE the colors!!!!! It looks soooo good. I can't believe the transformation!!!! Congrats!!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete